Where did Codiac come from?
Here are some secrets about my nickname:
- Why do You use such strange word?
- The whole story is quite complicated. Long, long time ago, when I was still in primary school, I loved to watch cartoons. One of them was titled "Sky Commanders" and my favourite character there was man called Kodiak. I had absolutely no idea how to write it, so I figured out it should be written with two "c"s. A few years later I had an ocassion to play RPG for the first time, and I called my character Codiac. He didn't live long, but it didn't matter. Some time later I started co-working with a computer games magazine called "Top Secret" and it was then, when I decided to sign my texts with this name. On this very day Codiac was born.
- What does Codiac really mean?
- This word as such has no meaning, I created it by mistake. There is on the other hand word Kodiak, which is the base of my nickname. It has several meanings. There is a kind of bears somewhere in Canada, the biggest bears on Earth, I have heard. There is also an island and a port in Alasca
- Is there any other Codiac?
- I wish it was so, but unfortunately several other things have been named like this. Fortunately I haven't heard about any person using it as a name or nickname. Most of the other Codiacs are just machines or some specific systems.
- Your nickname sounds familiar. Why?
- There are several reasons. I've been known to sign my texts in polish computer magazines I was working with. But since You're reading it in english, You have probably not read them. Of course You might know me from Usenet, because I can be found on some newsgroups. My favourite with english language is rec.games.frp.dnd Maybe You know me from there?
Back to the previous page
Back to the main page
Back to the choose-language page